Friday, January 05, 2007

Erin Go Bragh

Basically, my visit to Ireland was one huge postcard. Everywhere we looked we saw some typically Irish scene, some stereotypical celtic stuff. Examples:



These are photos from a little town called Howth right outside of Dublin. It was absolutely gorgeous. I couldn't believe it was real. Ireland truely is as green, fresh, sunny and healthy as it looks is pictures and movies. And it was very nice to get out of a big city for a day and do some low-key hiking. We walked up a hill, to the top of a cliff overlooking the sea. We tramped through mud. We meandered along the boat docks. We sat on soft, thick, green grass.

I also went to a fancy Tea Party with my girls. We got dressed up, talked about important issues, drank copious amounts of Irish Breakfast and ate many little sandwiches. And we definitely sat for 2 or 3 hours in the process. It was a lot of fun receiving tea and scones instead of serving them.

There was a little bit of Guinness too (only one of these was mine; I'm holding both purely for photogenic purposes). We spent New Years at Temple Bar, one of the most famous pubs in Dublin. It was ridiculously crowded and tons of fun. We smuggled in doner kabobs and ate them in a corner while everyone else looked on in jealousy. We danced and sang to classic songs and celebrated being in such a wonderful place for a new year that will bring even more exciting new experiences.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When we (my mother and I) were in Howth, we drove by this house with a big helicopter pad and a helicopter and I thought "Jeepers. Where's Oprah?"
And the Guinness in Ireland is better than the Guinness here.
And Temple Bar is cool, isn't it?

You've got me excited to go back to study.

I do hope you enjoyed your trip.

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home