Monday, August 28, 2006

Erin Milbeck
s/c Mme. Bethany Zehr
33, rue de Zurich
67000 Strasbourg FRANCE
AIR MAIL (PAR AVION)


Pre-Departure
Honeymoon Phase, weeks 1-4
Increasing Participation Phase, weeks 5-8
Crisis Phase, weeks 9-12
Adaptation Phase, weeks 13-20+
Reentry Phase


Things I learned from the CIP about France:
Always have your wrists on the table when eating.
Don't take a shower after sexual assault.
Don't let a guy buy you a drink.
I will have to try blood sausage.
There will be no heat in the house and I will have to take 5 minute showers.

Things I will learn once I get there:
(more)French Culture.
(more)French Language.
My ability to adapt and function without people I know and love.


W curve, here I come.

9 Comments:

Blogger anniegoestospain said...

i found you!
and funny, i learned the EXACT same things about spain. how about that?

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

-mary
;-)

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you ending your run as a vegetarian?

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ERIN!
have a blast with that W curve and im glad our fabulous CIP could teach you a thing or two - you took away more from them balbbering than i ever did - lol. good luck today (or tomorrow) when you meet your host fam and all that good jazz! i'll miss you terribly (and already do!) take care of eva! loooooooooooooove!!!

7:24 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I'm not going back to carnivorism permanently, but in order to be polite to my host family I will probably have to at least try some meat.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Aubrey said...

Erin!!!
I am honored that I made your links among such elite sites as the thrion project, and I will put your site on my blog (just as immediately as I figure out how to do that...I dont think I am as computer'ly literate as you.) Hope you have a great time, I know you will!!! Keep us all updated and enjoy the cheese.

hugs and kisses
aubs

2:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, my little creepy flute player. I fear France is not ready.

(P.S. Didn't you love Little Miss Sunshine?)

3:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

erin!
have so much fun! i'm so jealous, but so happy that you get to do this.

i think i might have a blogger account, but i don't remember.
so, this is jen moreland and yeah...
good luck.
:)

4:03 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Hi Erin!
Your dad sent me the link to your blog. I'm thinking of you back here in Roeperland!
HAVE FUN and LEARN ALOT!!
Love, Carolyn

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home